Here at indybooth, we consider ourselves photo booth props aficionados (there are literally DOZENS of us out there!). We feel that having a strong prop game is the true differentiator between a mediocre photo booth photo and the pic of a lifetime. Whether you have reserved an indybooth photo booth for your event or not, be sure to follow these prop suggestions to ensure that your photo booth photos stand out from the pack.
We are huge fans of vintage props over here. There’s no better way to personalize your photos than to have a one-of-a-kind prop you found at a local thrift store included in the mix. Plus, scouring your local vintage store is a great bonding activity in itself! Here are a few of our favorite vintage props to keep an eye out for:
- Vintage phones: Not only do they look cool, but they can be used to create hilarious couple photos
- Old books: Believe it or not, an old hardcover book will make for an awesome prop! Combine it with some glasses on a stick for that extra scholarly look.
- Picture Frames: Vintage frames are always a winner. Something about a picture within a picture is just captivating.
- Deer antlers: Maybe it’s just us, but we love deer antlers. Plus, you don’t have to forage in the woods to find them! Give your photos a dash of cabin-chic by leaving a pair out for guests. Plus, the pictures are always hilarious.
At this point, a photo booth has pretty much become a must have at weddings. That being said, you’ll want to have some wedding specific props so the photos fit the theme. Aside for your classic props on a stick, here are some suggestions for props that tie into the big day!
- Wedding hats: Hats. So hot right now. Hats. But wedding specific hats? Go with a white cap with a veil for ladies and find yourself an old top hat for the gents. Done.
- Giant Champagne Bottle: These are so fun and make for a great picture. If you don’t want to buy an actual bottle, you can find some pretty sweet blow-up champagne bottles online.
- Baby pictures: This one is a little out-there and only for the veteran photo-boother. Create a blown-up headshot of the bride and grooms baby pictures and put it on a stick. Trust us, it’s hilarious.
- Sunglasses: Gather up all your best stunner shades and lay them out for wedding guests to get silly with. Our favorite use of sunglasses in the photo booth is when the entire bridal party gets in on the sunglass action. Plus, you’ll look super cool.
A great way to add an extra layer of fun to your photo booth prints are some custom signs. Because they are so customizable, you can come up with tons of words and phrases that are relevant to your event.
- Chalkboard signs: Find black chalkboard signs, either normal squares or word bubbles, and go crazy with it.
- Emoji signs: Print of large emoji’s and glue them to cardstock, then glue that to a stick. Voila’
- Instagram post cutout: This is one of our favorites. You can buy a custom Instagram post frame for relatively cheap. Then just customize the words.
The most important thing with your props is to have fun with it! Good props really make a picture that much better. Whether you have a wedding photo booth, corporate event, or are just setting up a photo booth for your party, you want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your pictures.
We hope our guide to props helped give you some inspiration for your next event. And if you’re in Southern California and looking for a photo booth with all the best props, drop us a line and we’ll come up with some even better ideas together!